Welcome to Old Buckenham Methodist Church online...
We are a small and friendly group of Christians who live in Old Buckenham and Attleborough. All are welcome to our weekly Sunday worship (in the Chapel at 10.45 am) and to our monthly ‘Songs of Praise’ on the 3rd Wednesday evening of each moth. Just come along or, if you would like contact with someone beforehand, do ring me on 01953 609106. There is also a monthly Ladies’ Meeting and a monthly Bible Study held in a local home. We look forward to meeting you.
Rev. Jacqui Horton
News & Events: 2018
2018 Flower Festival ‘Childhood Memories’
Sat 25th August 10am-4pm – Sun 26th August 1pm–4pm – Monday 27th August 10am-4pm
Thank you to everyone who attended the flower festival this year, we had over 110 people attend and raised over £330 towards the running of the church.
For those of you who would like the answers to the Cryptic Quiz please find them below;
1. Swooping birds with female archers (8, 3, 7) Swallows and Amazons
2. Clinton & Franklin (6, 3, 3) Flower Pot Men (Bill & Ben)
3. Cat in a carrier (7) Bagpuss
4. A Daniel challenge (3, 4) Dan Dare
5. A rainbow store for exchanging items (5-8, 4, 4) Multi-coloured Swap Shop
6. The 2,240 lbs. US President (8) Trumpton
7. Pretty dark (5, 6) Black Beauty
8. Wizard at the zoo (6, 5) Animal Magic
9. Flying creatures with lightening sound (12) Thunderbirds
10. Red officer (7, 7) Captain Scarlet
11. I dropped some (8) Clangers
12. A Holders first name(5) Noddy
13. Celebrity quintet (3, 6, 4) The Famous Five
14. Ravenous insect (3, 4, 6, 11) The Very Hungry Caterpillar
15. A Feline Milliner (3, 3, 2, 3, 3) The Cat In The Hat
16. A spell maker and a cat in a cupboard (3, 4, 3, 5, 3, 3, 8) The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
17. An unmarried toe (3, 5) Miss Piggy
18. When Norwich City FA go to Ipswich (4, 4) Play Away
19. Spicy Pork (5, 3) Peppa Pig
20. Two small notes, boom - boom (6, 6, 4, 4) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Thank you to all of you who donated a shoebox for Link to Hope. We donated 22 boxes which were sent to Moldova .
The new Norwich Methodist circuit Superintendent Revd Catherine Hutton after leading a Service of Holy Communion at Old Buckenham Methodist Church.
Address: Hargham Road, Old Buckenham, NR17 1SL
Services: 10.45am Sundays
“Request Songs of Praise” every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm
Women’s Fellowship every 1st Wednesday each month at 2.30pm
Accessibility at Old Buckenham
The Methodist Church wishes to be an environment where all feel welcome and cared for. In order to allow for widest possible access, this church has the following facilities available:
Wheelchair accessible access
Hearing aid loop
Large print books
We would like to extend a great big thank you to everyone who baked cakes, donated to the lucky dip, raffle and tombola and came along to help out at the coffeee morning on Saturday 18th April. We raised an amazing £260 towards the Chapel funds.
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org